Course Information:The main objective of the primary enhancement class is to provide primary students of different learning abilities with comprehensive and effective lessons that will value add to their academic development. The classes are designed to ensure observable academic improvement for each student; we seek to enhance the students’ interest and confidence in their learning.
- High-ability class for students who need the additional boost of confidence in their learning and to spur their academic progress beyond the stipulated MOE curriculum
- Mid-ability class for students who may be struggling with school-based lessons and assessment Note: Diagnostic tests will be given for each student before course starts to ensure student is assigned to classes that suit their learning ability.
- English, Mathematics, Science and Chinese
- Creative Writing for English and Chinese
- Olympiad Mathematics
One session (2 hours) per subject conducted weekly.
Mode of Delivery
- Teacher-Student Ratio (1:15)
- Direct Instruction with curriculum modelled according to latest MOE syllabus
- Flipped classroom model for high ability students to ignite creativity and independent learning beyond the stipulated MOE curriculum
- Weekly informal assessment to ensure mastery of content and skills
- Monthly formal assessment to enhance examination skills and readiness
- Academic counselling to track student’s learning progress
- Lessons are pitched at 20% above the average school standard to ensure that pupils are constantly challenged