Course Information:The aim of this Certificate in Education course is to achieve the following:
- to lay the basic foundation of education principles and practices for participants interested in the field of education and education-related jobs;
- to prepare participants for a challenging and satisfying teaching career; and
- to equip existing teachers with the basic essential knowledge and skills needed to be more effective in their teaching profession. /ul> On successful completion of this course, the student is expected to be able to:
- develop effective lessons with appropriate technology, suitable pedagogies and assessment methods;
- create a conducive classroom environment for effective learning;
- apply various interactive pedagogical methods for engaged learning;
- Possess basic understanding of education theories related to effective teaching, learning and assessment; and
- evaluate and reflect on planning, teaching and assessment practices.
- Introduction to Educational Psychology (CE100/01)
- Creating a Learning Environment (CE100/02)
- Assessment Literacy (CE100/03)
- Technology to Support Learning (CE100/04)
- Communication Skills for Teachers (CE100/05)
|Full Time students||Part Time students|
|3 months, 5 weekdays, 3 hours daily||6 months, 5 weekdays, 1.5 hours daily|
Course Admission Requirements:1. At least 16 years of age. 2. Completed 10 years of education or obtained 3 GCE N Level Passes or equivalent; 3. Attain a pass in GCE N Level English or IELTS level 5 or Minimum 50% score in the Touchstone International Institute Lower Secondary English Placement Examination.
Course Commencement Period:At the beginning of every January and July of the academic year.
Mode of DeliveryBlended Mode
Mode of AssessmentThe course adopts a holistic assessment approach in which a) 20% will be based on the level of participation in class discussions; b) 50% will be based on the best 3 assignment tasks for each module; c) 30% will be based on the final examination The number and type of assessment as well as the assessment criteria will be worked out for each module. In general, the following assessment methods will be adopted: • Case-study, Project Work, Problem-Based, Portfolio • Computer-Based & Online Assignments • Essay (including storyboards and book, journal and website reviews) • Group Work, Presentation, Simulations & Role-Play • Reflective Journal • Structured Question, Short Answer Question; • Written Test & Examination
Course CompletionStudents who successfully complete and pass the modules stipulated in the course structures will be awarded the Certificate in Education.
Requirement for Course CompletionStudent must attained at least overall 60% score Students must achieve at least 90% attendance
Type of QualificationThe Certificate in Education is awarded by Touchstone International Institute, after successful completion of all course requirements which has been benchmarked to a level between level 1 and 2 of the qualification framework of Qualifications Assurance Agency for Higher Education (QAA).
The 3 (three) types of fee chargeable by TSI are:
Application FeesA one-time application fee is non – refundable. Payment modes: Cash, cheque, remittance/telegraphic transfer, bank draft, cashier’s order. Payable to: Touchstone International Institute Pte Ltd.
Course FeesThe Committee for Private Education (CPE) has regulatory provisions and requirements to protect course fees that are payable by students who are enrolled in a private education institution (PEI).
TSI subscribes to these regulatory provisions and requirements in its collection of fees from full-time students. Click here to find out more about CPE fee collection regulatory provisions and requirements. Fee collection schedule is as indicated in individual student’s contract. The course fee is refundable and will be subjected to TSI refund policy. Payment modes: Remittance/telegraphic transfer, bank draft, cashier’s order or cheque
ClickClick Full-Time to view Course Fee
ClickClick Part-Time to view Course Fee
Miscellaneous Fees(not all items are applicable for all students)
Payment modes: Cash, cheque
Note :Miscellaneous fee will not be protected under the Fee Protection Scheme.
ClickClick here to view Miscellaneous Fee